Job Seeker Services
Adults: Whether you have never worked or are returning to the workforce, you are not alone! Reentering the workforce and finding the right career can be challenging. Our workforce professionals may help you with your resume, job hunting techniques, interviewing skills and more.
Become relevant in today’s job market. Our professional staff can help you better position yourself in today’s workforce and help you get back to work as quickly as possible. We can assess and translate your optimal skills, repackage your experience, identify needs for additional training, and improve your job search process.
Veterans: We offer immediate assistance to help Veterans transition to civilian employment, acquire career skills, transfer military experience, and access state, local and federal resources. Whether it’s “civilianizing” your resume, navigating the government job process, or receiving guidance with an employment plan, our workforce professionals can help.
Youth: If you are 16-24 and need help getting a job or going to school, we can help you achieve the goals that lead to opportunities and independence. We work with you one on-one to create a plan for success and connect to education and in demand occupations. Services are free and include:
- Career assessment, planning & development ■ Individual career consultation
- Interview practice
- Job placement assistance
- Resume/cover letter development
- Skills assessments & upgrade opportunities
- Job fairs
The Office of Workforce Development is committed to delivering a variety of workforce development services to help strengthen and sustain Howard County and the region’s businesses. Our professional team partners with you to determine the best approach in meeting your workforce development needs and providing solutions to save your business time, money and valuable resources—at no cost. We offer no-cost evaluations and assessments to ensure your candidate selection meets your expectations. No matter your industry size or business need, our team can help by connecting you to our diverse pipeline of talent.
Additional business solutions we provide include:
- Assistance with recruitment, screening and referral of qualified, motivated job applicants.
- Access to job seeking talent using our jobs database, mwejobs.maryland.gov.
- Labor market information to analyze market trends and remain competitive.
- Office space or conference rooms to conduct job fairs, interviews and other activities.
- Information on potential workforce training funds.
- Downsizing assistance for businesses and employees to reduce the impact of restructuring or layoffs.
More information coming soon.
Labor Market Information