Summer Youth Employment Program
CCWD’s Summer Youth Employment Program serves Carroll County youth who have never worked or who have one or more barriers to employment. The summer program participants are high school age – 16 to 18 years old and the program plan is to employ 15 youth.
CCWD offers career guidance and opportunities for youth to gain meaningful work experience onsite with Carroll businesses while getting paid through the county’s workforce grants – eliminating the financial risk for the business partners. Participants will earn $13.25 an hour.
Why should Carroll County businesses participate?
- It is FREE TO THE EMPLOYER!!! Carroll County Government hires AND pays the participant for 6 weeks of work!
- Provide valuable work experience and mentoring to 16 – 18 year-old youth in Carroll County
- Train possible future employees for your company
- July – August 2023
Who is eligible?
- IEP/504 Plan
- Low reading or math skills (below 9th grade level)
- High school drop-out
- Experiencing homelessness, runaway, or in foster care
- Pregnant or parenting
- Criminal record
- Low income or receive SNAP, TCA, or free/reduced lunch
Maryland minor (ages 14-17) work permits apply here.
Contact Youth Program staff for more information:
Eileen Vozzella: email@example.com
Office: 410-386-2807 | Cell/Text: 443-340-8795
Dominique Evans: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office: 410-386-2826 | Cell/Text: 443-340-8725